The Canadian Immigrant Investor Program was created by the federal government to encourage the entry of businesspeople and their families to the country. Under this program, potential investors who meet certain requirements can obtain permanent resident status in Canada.
The Program allows the immigrant investors and their families to obtain an unconditional Canadian permanent resident visa.
- immigrant investors obtain permanent resident status upon arrival in Canada;
- immigrant Investors are permitted to live, work, study and do business in Canada;
- immigrant Investors are allowed to enter and leave Canada freely;
- immigrant Investors may apply for Canadian citizenship three (3) years after arrival in Canada;
The Canadian program is intended for immigrant investors who want to settle anywhere in Canada, except in the province of Quebec. To qualify, an applicant must:
- have a net worth of C$1,600,000 obtained legally;
- have operated or directed a qualifying business, (see defintion), or have managed at least five (5) full-time employees for at least two (2) years within the previous five (5) years (business experience);
- invest C$800,000 in the Canadian economy (with the Receiver General of Canada) for a period of five (5) years;
- meet the prescribed heath and security conditions.
|Investment: ||C$800,000 with the possibility of financing a portion of this investment |
|Financing Option: ||The financing plan enables immigrant investors, to borrow and therefore invest only a portion of the minimum investment required, while still satisfying all of the program requirements. |
|Interest on the investment: ||0% |
|Guarantee: ||The investment is fully guaranteed by the participating Canadian provinces and/or territories. The investment is refunded at the end of the five (5)-year period, without interest. |
|Investment term: ||five (5) years |
|Withdrawals: ||No withdrawals are permitted during the five (5)-year period |